Transgender and Non-Binary People: Some Basic Facts
- Understanding Non-Binary People: How to Be Respectful and Supportive – National Center for Transgender Equality
- Nonbinary 101 – from Seattle Nonbinary Collective
- Transgender 101: A Guide to Gender and Identity to Help You Keep Up with the Conversation – Everyday Feminism
- Transgender people: 10 common myths – Vox
- Gender Pronouns: A Guide for Faculty, Staff, and Allies – Caltech Center for Diversity
- How to Use Gender-Neutral Pronouns – Lifehacker
Gender Identity in Children
- Advice for parents of gender non-conforming and transgender children – Healthy Children
- Info on how gender identity develops in children – Healthy Children
- Gender Identity and Expression in the Early Childhood Classroom: Influences on Development Within Sociocultural Contexts – National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC)
- Transgender Kids Show Consistent Gender Identity Across Measures – Association for Psychological Science
- Martin CL, Ruble DN. Patterns of Gender Development. Annu Rev Psychol. 2010; 61: 353-381. – Peer reviewed study
- Gender Clinic Booklist and Resources – Seattle Children’s Gender Clinic
- Family Acceptance Project – San Francisco State University
- TransYouth Project – University of Washington
- Ingersoll Gender Center
- "An organization by and for transgender and gender nonconforming people. Providing mutual support through peer led support groups, advocating in navigating resources, community organizing, and education — all in the pursuit of our collective self-determination."
- Seattle Children's Gender Clinic
- "Seattle Children's is the only multidisciplinary clinic in our region for youth who are transgender or gender nonconforming. Our doctors have special training in adolescent medicine, hormones (endocrinology) and emotional health. This team approach is called multidisciplinary care. Social workers, nurses and medical assistants are also part of the team."
- Kaiser Permanente Gender Health Program
- "Our gender health program strives to deliver quality gender-affirming care with dignity and sensitivity. We are proud to partner with our transgender and gender non-conforming patients and families to address their comprehensive health care needs. Our teams include specialists in case management services, primary care, adolescent medicine, plastic surgery, obstetrics/gynecology, urology, behavioral health, and speech therapy."
"Seattle Nonbinary Collective exists to create authentic, vibrant community among those beyond the gender binary and to nourish each other by connecting queers throughout the greater Seattle area. We're working for a world where no one feels isolated because of their gendered experience; where every gender diverse person has the hope and power to lean fully into life; and where nonbinary community is equitable and abundant."
- Planned Parenthood
- "Planned Parenthood of the Great Northwest and Hawaiian Islands (PPGNHI) now offers expanded services for transgender and non-binary patients. We’re committed to improving the way transgender people receive health care, including lowering barriers to that care. We offer gender affirming hormone care for patients 18 years and older at all of our 27 health centers. You don’t need to participate in therapy or provide information from a mental health provider to receive hormone therapy.